All members should familiarise themselves with all aspects of the Protocol for the re-introduction of golf in Northern Ireland published by the GUI and ILGU. All members should adhere to the provisions of the Protocol and our Local Rules to ensure golf is conducted in a safe and responsible manner.
The Club has made every effort to keep the clubhouse and course as safe as possible but ultimately the decision to play sits with each individual member. Clearly anyone with symptoms or who has been in close contact with anyone displaying symptoms must stay away.
Members will appreciate that we are in a fluid situation and the following Local Rules and conditions are subject to ongoing review and revision. Please ensure you are familiar with these and any subsequent amendments. Any changes will be circulated to members via email (if registered) and via Club social media.
Return to Golf – Donaghadee – Local Rules
- Play is restricted to only playing members of Donaghadee Golf Club. Juveniles are only permitted onto the course when playing with an adult member. Tee times will be every 14 minutes with a maximum of 3 players. Play must commence from the 1st hole.
- Tee-times will be available 8am to 8pm Monday to Saturday and 8am to 6pm on Sunday. The course is closed at all other times. During Step 1 the conventions around Tuesday and Saturday gender restrictions are removed.
- Tee-times must be booked in advance and can be made via BRS or by telephone during Pro-Shop opening hours. Members must not play on the course without their name being recorded on the timesheet in advance. The reason for this is that we must be able to trace who has been on the course at any given date or time. Any member found to be in breach of this rule will automatically be subject to disciplinary proceedings. Same day bookings can only be made up to 5pm.
- Pro-Shop opening hours are 7.50am – 5pm Monday to Friday and 7.50am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday.
- Members should have no more than 3 live bookings at any time. Excess bookings will be monitored and removed. (Timesheet capacity will be under constant review and where appropriate further restrictions may be required)
- Players should arrive at the Club no more than 15 minutes prior to their tee time.
- Players need to check in for their round at the Pro-Shop (or Starters Hut outside Pro-Shop opening hours) no more than 7 minutes prior to their tee time. Flexi-members must advise whether they are playing 9 or 18 holes.
- Members must carry their GUI card or other identification to allow for verification to the timesheet. The Club reserves the right to refuse a player access to the course where identity cannot be verified.
- Members are required to leave the Club premises within 10 minutes of the completion of their round.
Clubhouse and Course Notes
- Whilst locker room, trolley store and toilet facilities will, at this time, be available, Members are requested not to use these unless absolutely necessary.
- The Club requests that where possible, all golfing equipment is stored off the Club premises. The locker rooms will be open daily shortly before the first tee off time. The timesheet will be reviewed each day at 5pm to see the latest scheduled tee time that day with the locker room locked 5 minutes after this tee time.
- Showers are unavailable until further notice.
- When parking, and where possible, leave a parking space between cars. The Council car park, adjacent to the trolley store, may be used by any member until further notice.
- The Practice Academy is closed until further notice.
- The Putting Green will be open, but players should only putt to a tee peg.
- Bunkers are GUR until further notice.
- No Club Buggies will be available. Members with their own buggy can use however this must not be shared unless with a family member from the same household.
- Where they are portable, all benches have been removed from the course. There are a small number of concrete benches which have been taped off.
- Bins have been removed and it follows that members should take any rubbish home with them.
- Ball washers and water fountains must not be used.
- The defibrillator has been moved to the Starters Hut.
Members should bring their own sanitiser for use during their round