CHECKLIST FOR THE SUMMER SEASON
- Make sure you put your name down for the weekly competition by 4 pm on the day preceding the competition.
- PAY BEFORE YOU PLAY with the correct competition fee – write your name on an envelope with the date and the name of the competition you have entered. Place your money in the envelope and put it in the MONEY section of the box in the locker room.
- Collect your competition card from the Pro-Shop.
- Write up your card as you play.
- Check and confirm your scores with your fellow players and/or your
- Please ensure you have two signatures on you card as the marker and player must both sign. Check the date and handicap on your card.
- Enter your scores into the computer.
- Put your card in the correct section of the box.
- If you cannot play after the draw has been made you MUST:
- Pay the appropriate competition fee as soon as possible
- Contact your playing partner to let them know
- If a player fails to turn up for a competition the single player left may join the preceding or following pair to make up a three ball and leave appropriate time.
- When you are putting your name down for tee times after 2pm or on Alternate days, every effort should be made to play with different players from week to week. You must book your tee time in the Pro-shop.
CONDITIONS OF COMPETITION FOR ALL COMPETITIONS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
- WHO MAY I PLAY WITH?
Please note that you may only play in a competition with fellow competitors as per the draw/time sheet produced by the Committee (Rule 6-3b R&A Rules of Golf) or, if deemed necessary, you may play with a marker appointed by the committee.
- WINTER GOLF rules are being reviewed by the committee in time for next season.
Please note that the Committee has decided that all competitors in all ladies’ competitions are prohibited from using a caddie.
- RESTRICTED MEMBERS
Any restricted member may play their Ladies Competition on a Tuesday. It is not permitted to pay a Green Fee and take part in the Alternate Day competition, or Ringer Competition on a Saturday or Sunday. Any Open Competition may be entered on a Saturday or Sunday but only at the Non- Member rate. When you pay a Green Fee, you are deemed only to be a visitor.
Please try to arrange and President’s Cup, Committee Cup, Elsie Brown or Club Mixed Foursomes matches from Monday to Friday if any one of you, in the match, is a restricted member. However, if this is not possible then the Restricted Member may play the match on a Saturday or Sunday and pay a Green Fee at the ‘playing with a member’ rate.
Any Restricted Member MAY play on a Saturday or Sunday if she is selected to represent Donaghadee Golf Club in an inter club Team Competition for ILGU matches only, but must pay £1 insurance cover at the Pro-Shop.
- ALTERNATE DAY COMPETITIONS
Alternate Day competitions are available primarily to allow those who work to play in all competitions. However, Lady Associates and Full Members may decide to play on a Sunday if they cannot play on the main competition day (Tuesday) for any reason. All members are encouraged to play on Tuesdays.
Where players have a choice between main day and alternate day participation for a single stroke play competition, rule 7-1b of the Rules of Golf states any player who elects to play on the second day of competition is permitted to play on the competition course on the first day of the competition.
- USE OF BUGGIES IN COMPETITIONS
Any lady who feels she may need to use a buggy when playing in a Ladies’ competition must, in the first instance, write to the Ladies’ Honorary Secretary requesting permission. The request will be considered by the Ladies’ Committee and a medical certificate or signed statement from a medical doctor may be required.
If anyone has any queries, please contact the Ladies’ Honorary Secretary. An exception to this rule is for Open Competitions where any player may use a buggy.
These Conditions of Competition may be added to at any time after consideration by the Ladies’ Committee.