CHECKLIST FOR THE SUMMER SEASON
- Make sure you put your name down for the weekly competition by 4 pm on the day preceding the competition.
- PAY BEFORE YOU PLAY with the correct competition fee – write your name on an envelope with the date and the name of the competition you have entered. Place your money in the envelope and put it in the MONEY section of the box in the locker room.
- Collect your competition card from the Pro-Shop.
- Write up cards as you play.
- Check and confirm your scores with your fellow players and/or your marker.
- Please ensure you have two signatures on your card as the marker and player must both sign. Check the date and handicap on your card.
- Enter your scores into the computer.
- Put your card in the correct section of the box.
- If you cannot play after the draw has been made you MUST
- Pay the appropriate competition fee as soon as possible
- Contact your playing partner to let them know or advise the Pro shop
- If a player fails to turn up for a competition the single player left may join the preceding or following pair to make up a three ball and leave appropriate time.
- When you are putting your name down for tee times after 2pm or on Alternate days, every effort should be made to play with different players from week to week. You must book your tee time in the Pro-shop.
WITH WHOM MAY I PLAY?
SUMMER SEASON COMPETITIONS
Please note that you may only play in a competition with fellow competitors as per the draw/time sheet produced by the Committee (Rule 6-3b R&A Rules of Golf) or, if deemed necessary, you may play with a marker (with a valid CONGU® handicap) appointed by the committee.
WINTER SEASON COMPETITIONS
In the case of Winter Team /Hamper/ Easter Egg competitions, ladies are normally expected to play with fellow competitors. However, if this is not possible you may provide your own marker with a valid CONGU® handicap.
In the case of Ladies’ Open Competitions, ladies are normally expected to play with fellow competitors. However, if this is not possible you may provide your own marker with a valid CONGU® handicap.
- Please note that the Committee has decided that all competitors in all ladies’ competitions are prohibited from using a caddie.
- Any restricted member may play their Ladies’ Competition on a Tuesday. It is not permitted to pay a Green Fee and take part in the Alternate Day competition, or Ringer Competition on a Saturday or Sunday. Any Open Competition may be entered on a Saturday or Sunday but only at the Non- Member rate. When you pay a Green Fee, you are deemed only to be a visitor.
- Please try to arrange any President’s Cup, Committee Cup, Elsie Brown or Club Mixed Foursomes matches from Monday to Friday if any one of you, in the match, is a restricted member. However, if this is not possible then the Restricted Member may play the match on a Saturday or Sunday and pay a Green Fee at the ‘playing with a member’ rate.
- Any Restricted Member MAY play on a Saturday or Sunday if she is selected to represent Donaghadee Golf Club in an inter club Team Competition for ILGU matches only, but must pay £1 insurance cover at the Pro-Shop. Restricted members are not permitted to play in home Business Ladies’ matches on Saturday or Sunday.
ALTERNATE DAY COMPETITIONS
- Alternate Day competitions are available primarily to allow those who work to play in all competitions. However, Lady Associates and Full Members may decide to play on a Sunday if they cannot play on the main competition day (Tuesday) for any reason. All members are encouraged to play on Tuesdays.
- Where players have a choice between main day and alternate day participation for a single stroke play competition, Rule 7-1b of the Rules of Golf states any player who elects to play on the second day of competition is permitted to play on the competition course on the first day of the competition.
USE OF BUGGIES IN COMPETITIONS
- Any member who feels she may need to use a buggy when playing in a ladies’ competition must, in the first instance, write to the Ladies’ Honorary Secretary requesting permission. The request will be considered by the Ladies’ Committee and a medical certificate or signed statement from a medical doctor may be required.
- Any player in an open competition may use a buggy if required.
- If anyone has any queries, please contact the Ladies’ Honorary Secretary.
These Conditions of Competitions may be reviewed and altered at any time by the Ladies’ Committee.